Maine

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by jonesy5149, Feb 19, 2011.

1. we dig it

we dig it LawnSite Member

AHHHH. high 40's all week with rain should be gone before next weekend I hope!! lol

2. jonesy5149

jonesy5149 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Welllllllll this is going to be a great week........... I hope..

Any of you guys selling a exmark navigator. Also have any of you had work for the state or government? I have a paver job comming up from the state and they are lets say run around.............

3. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Only business I've done with government is maintain a Post office, but that is federal.....I am not surprised the state comes with a lot of headaches.

4. McFarland_Lawn_Care

Time to check in with everyone. How is business looking this season for you area of the state? It's shaping up very well here with only a slight problem - no spring time. We are just finishing getting rid of our snow banks and some lawns are already looking pretty green. There is NO WAY we are going to get through all of our spring clean ups before the mowing begins. I have almost all my customers on contracts this year for the first time and also had to raise the prices (afraid of fuel costs), but everyone seems happy. Let's keep the ball rolling! =D

5. jonesy5149

jonesy5149 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Well i have started the hardscaping an we are two weeks in to it.... love the weather wen the sun is out..... What a day last wednesday..WOW did it rain... Looking to get in to fertilizing this year?? any thoughts on this?? Dose any body do there own hardscaping or do you sub it out.. If you sub it out give me a call i would love to partner up with you...

6. we dig it

we dig it LawnSite Member

I do not do hardscape at this time but I will deff let you know if there is a need and we could partner up Thanks

7. stan the man

stan the man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

i have a account who are getting wasps in the house do you know of a company that can take care of them

8. McFarland_Lawn_Care

I don't know of too many guys that do the flying insects other than Modern .... I'm headed over to Augusta tomorrow for my Master Pesticide exam...wish me luck!! =D

9. stan the man

stan the man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

good luck i found guy in Brunswick

10. McFarland_Lawn_Care

Thanks, Stan. Passed the last exams today, regulations and Oral board exam. Now I have my Masters Commercial Pesticide license and business licensed as a spraying firm. Now gotta work on drumming up clients and signing contracts!! =D