Maine

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by jonesy5149, Feb 19, 2011.

1. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

I called the manager today but he wasn't in. I was hoping to find out who the contract is through and get a leg up on the process. We have a number in mind for a year round contract and won't stray too far from that number. I've never dealt with a management company before but I've heard mixed reviews.

2. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Wish I could remember the name of this company I entered a bid with. The people that did the summertime maintenance did TERRIBLE....weeds everywhere, shrubs out of control, ruts from mowing with oversized machine for the area. I just laughed. Glad we didn't get it. Oh ya, and we had to contact the on-site manager ahead of time, if there was a rain delay we had a separate form we had to fill out saying the reason and when we would be re-scheduling etc. Hope Lowes is a lot easier. We DO handle a VIP Auto parts and that place is awesome to deal with!

Jason

3. dig419

dig419 LawnSite Member
    Male, from maine

Mainers, any one going to the New England grows trade show in February? Dig.

4. McFarland_Lawn_Care

I'd love to but depends....already taking one vacation that month and kinda gotta be around in case of snow. We'll see - I'll look into it. Are you?

Jason

5. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Looking into going to the show. I'd like to go but things rarely work out the way I want them to.

6. McFarland_Lawn_Care

Ya, this time of year my life consists of snow removal (when we have any), ice fishing, and planning for the next season. With some football and beer and stoking the woodstove. =D

7. dig419

dig419 LawnSite Member
    Male, from maine

yes i am, been going for years. ( new england grows ) will not stay at a hotel this year as i have not made a final date to go ( 6 / 7 / 8 ) always come away with some good information, some years more than others. it's a great jump start to spring. dig

8. McFarland_Lawn_Care

As long as no snow is in the forecast I'd love to go. Any interested in getting a group and carpool down, it could be fun.

Jason

9. McFarland_Lawn_Care

Dig....are you just going down and back or staying somewhere?

10. dig419

dig419 LawnSite Member
    Male, from maine

Hi Jason, Mc. Farmland / yes i am going, most likely it will be Wednesday and i am not coming back on that day, i'm going to Norwood to visit a friend. If you or a group are driving down maybe a meeting on the trade show floor. Give me a shout if this works. Dig