Maine

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by jonesy5149, Feb 19, 2011.

1. thelawnduke

thelawnduke LawnSite Member

This is my second season and I started late last spring. I'm hoping to get going around that time-middle of April. I just started getting calls in the past week for cleanup estimates. I just picked up a Ventrac 3223 Diesel and can't wait to use it for clean-ups. I got the slip scoop, finish mower and rough cut mower to start with. I'm starting to think that the sweeper attachment may be a good investment this year, it seems like we have a lot of extra sand to sweep up this year! I also have a lot more "part time" help interest for the cleanups this year so I'm looking forward to the big push!

2. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds good - post some pics of that Ventrac if you get a second. Did you get it new or used? Look like good machines, but lots of money for the amount we could use it. Good luck this season!

Jason

3. thelawnduke

thelawnduke LawnSite Member

photo (12).JPG
    I purchased the Venrtac used 2010 (118 hrs)! The deal was to good to pass up. A wealthy land owner had it and decided to purchase the larger one so he had the dealer sell the one I got on consignment. I've been eyeballing them for the last year and waiting for a good deal on a used because you're right, they aint cheap. I'm really hoping to add a lot of versatility utilizing the attachments. It should help reduce a lot of trimming/push mower time on hillsides that I cant go on with the Ferris and not to mention running mulch. Honestly, the first time I drove one was last Saturday so I can't vouch from personal experience, but I think I'll make money with it. Good luck with everything.

Luke

photo (12).JPG

4. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

5. McFarland_Lawn_Care

YEEHAW! Finally got some warmer weather and phone calls and emails are coming in. One more week of scheduling and prepping and then hitting the ground running - literally. =D

6. kev51277

kev51277 LawnSite Member

Does anybody have a walk behind for sale?? I'm also looking for a smaller trailer
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

What size trailer?

8. McFarland_Lawn_Care

9. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Kev i have a brand new Big Tex single axel 14'x77" trailer bought it and turns out its too small, never even registered it, sell it for $1500

10. McFarland_Lawn_Care

OOPS.....Walk behind is now sold! Good luck!