Maine

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by jonesy5149, Feb 19, 2011.

1. kev51277

kev51277 LawnSite Member

Do u still have the trailer
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Anyone start mowing yet?

We've done a little mulch and cleaned up plow damage (from the previous company) but haven't mowed any properties yet.

3. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Last week and this week been doing cleanups. Sand sweeping, de-thatching, leaves, sticks, branches, pine cones, etc. Using the mowers regularly to suck up debris - some of the lawns today we were cutting the green grass on, but still just cleaning up. We need a little rain and then some warm weather. Hope to be mowing by middle-end of this coming week. Glad to be back working.

4. TML

TML LawnSite Senior Member

After the weekend the lawns in the southern part of the state will be ready. Athletic fields and stuff on the beach that is fertilized I noticed were cut this week.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Z-master man

Z-master man LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone run gravely commercial mowers?

6. McFarland_Lawn_Care

Funny you should ask! I never even thought about them until a few weeks ago a rep came by the shop and stopped in to talk about them. I'm going to look at one next week and demo it. We'll see how it compares to Toro.

7. Z-master man

Z-master man LawnSite Senior Member

A buddy of mine just bought a 61"z, 61" stander, and a 34" wb... Just wanted to see if anyone had any expierience with them, they look solid enough..

8. nortonlawncare

nortonlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Haven't seen anyone around here use a gravely mower, but they do look like rugged machines.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

How'd the demo go?

10. McFarland_Lawn_Care

They seem like very rugged machines but make me a bit nervous since their commercial mowers don't seem to be quite as "tried and true". I need to try it out in less than ideal conditions, such as heavy due, bagging, etc. Well built but not sure about their bagging unit. We are getting very busy now, so not sure when I'll have a chance again. The reps and staff DO seem a lot more genuine and helpful than any other dealers around....I will say that. Our local JD dealer could care less after you buy.....they suck to be honest. Toro and exmark guys are nice enough, but VERY busy and rarely go above and beyond to help out. I'm looking for a great dealer, but the machine has got to match up as well. Harder to find than you would think.