Maine

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by jonesy5149, Feb 19, 2011.

1. stan the man

stan the man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

that is great .that will be good for you more money in your pocket i hope. we have been busy doing clean ups in between the rain every place is a wet hole. next week be starting on a rock wall and walkway. i have 8 more hardscaping jobs to do this summer.

2. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, I hope so, Stan. I have had a good amount of requests for new estimates and picked up a few large accounts so it's looking promising this year. I ordered the JRCO front tine de-thatcher so I am looking forward to using that on spring cleanups as well - hope it works well and gives good returns.

3. stan the man

from Maine

with all the rain on clean ups. i do what i can do and will have to go in for a 2nd time to finish it up. a lot of them i am getting them now on the 1st time in. on de-thatching with my walkers and exmarks picks up most of it so they get it done on the clean up. all my account are on a flat rate on a clean up. in two weeks i have a guy starting to work on hardscaping he can do it by himself with helper. i will do one job by myself with helper then move on to the next job. the 4 man mowing crew will be mowing. if they finish all the mowing early then be hardscaping to help out us.

4. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Whew, I'm glad I don't have to compete with you over here in my area..lol =D You have a pretty efficient setup and all new equipment, very nice! There are actually only about 5 people around here who even advertise for spring cleanups - some of my new clients just assumed that they would have to do the cleanup themselves because that's what their previous lawn care person told them! I love lazy people - they make so much work for the rest of us! =D

5. stan the man

from Maine

i have 135 accounts that i do fall and spring clean ups for.i love clean ups it take a lot time and a lot of work. i have one fall clean ups that takes us 5 days to do. it have 4 swimming pools that i have to open up and close in the spring. it is one house and 3 camps but the camps are houses to me and they are on a sebago lake.

6. stan the man

from Maine

what town do you live in

7. jsecape

jsecape LawnSite Member
    from ME

Hello all
    Hate to jump in,but i am new

8. jonesy5149

jonesy5149 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

9. jsecape

jsecape LawnSite Member
    from ME

I am so new...
    Any advice?What is better zero turn or a 52 inch walk behind??
    The name is Jeff

10. jonesy5149

jonesy5149 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

speaking of mowers i was looking for a navigator any body have one for sale