Maine

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by jonesy5149, Feb 19, 2011.

1. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Yup, it's spring time. It crazy how fast it goes from sitting around and being bored, to so busy that the schedule is full and I'm pulling my hair out trying to make room for everything in our schedule. Too many estimates and meeting new customers - can't get much accomplished myself.

2014-04-07 15.20.02.jpg

2. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

I'd take a picture of mine but I don't know how to do panoramic shots :(
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. TML

TML LawnSite Senior Member

I wish I had that problem. I got 2 new customers via my website this past week. I mailed out a handful of postcards, nothing from those yet but it's only been a couple of days on those. Not really sure what to expect in the near future. The web presence appears to be pretty minimal in my area.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. McFarland_Lawn_Care

Almost all our stuff is word of mouth. No extra advertising this year. We are running one radio ad but that is more branding than advertising for work.

5. D&A Lawn Care

D&A Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I'm in the Bangor area hoping all the snow will go away.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. McFarland_Lawn_Care

Haha....perfect!!:laugh:

7. McFarland_Lawn_Care

Okay, how is everyone doing? Believe it or not, I'm appreciating the slightly cooler weather because it's keeping the grass from taking off too soon before we can get everything cleaned up. I expect we will be mowing by the middle to end of this week - of course it's looking like rain near the last half of the week - ah well.

How are you all making out?

8. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Same boat, glad grass isn't ready yet. Still have another week or two on cleanups, mulch.

I'll definitely be happy to get back to regular mowing :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. TML

TML LawnSite Senior Member

Too many requests for landscape work, not enough requests for mowing service. I'm to the point where I can't mow everything in 1 day and the 2nd day is not nearly full.

I'm also to the point where I'm going to have problems balancing both jobs even though I work nights and took much of May off as vacation to make sure all the properties get mulched ect.

Deffinatly approaching the cross roads here. I'm hoping the lawn requests come in the next week or 2 as things green up.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. McFarland_Lawn_Care

About 50/50 mowing and landscaping requests right now. Few new ones each week. TML - just wait till mid-May til mid-June. Everyone procrastinates and then panics and calls last minute. You'll get a dozen or more with 2 feet high grass calling to get their lawn back in shape hahaha.