Maine

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by jonesy5149, Feb 19, 2011.

1. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Maybe not that much but they aren't a mow n go working out of their Honda accord either........
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. mtnzone

mtnzone LawnSite Member

True but god if that is their pricing they soon will be....lol

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  3. jrs.landscaping

from Maine

:) I've been running into this more often in the last few years as well. I keep the bid sheet from one a few years Ago where the guy wrote FREE on close to 50 properties...... reminds me there are some people you can't compete with.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Also keep in mind folks, there are some guys (at least around here) who are retired from other jobs and cut some grass just to keep them busy and "for fun". They have income from retirement and other places, so even if they cut even and make no profit, they are still fine. hahaha Good thing to keep in mind, you can't compete with everyone - but develop a good niche and do it best.

5. t-10yrs2retire

t-10yrs2retire LawnSite Member

Anyone use a temp service? I could use a lil help a couple days a week and was wondering if they take care of all the workmans comp and such. What has your experience been and is it worth it? What are the ins and outs on how it works? Thanks for any help.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I've never used them but something tells me you'd be better off hiring part time help and training them yourself.

7. jrs.landscaping

from Maine

Never used them either, they have contacted us. They take care of everything, you pay them, they pay employee. Sounds like a good deal for day labor but I think it would be a crapshoot as to what type of employee you get.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. t-10yrs2retire

Ya thats kind of what I was figuring. I would just like a "one stop payroll" to make sure everything is taken care of. But dont know if they will do it just for one part time guy. Bangor savings has something they do I can look at.Id rather hire someone myself also.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. jrs.landscaping

from Maine

We use Paychex, they've been good so far. They pretty much cover everything when it comes to employees.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. t-10yrs2retire

I will look into that. Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device