Maine

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by jonesy5149, Feb 19, 2011.

1. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

10 posts, better get after it ;)
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Plowguy43

Plowguy43 LawnSite Member

I know right, I was just warned so I will look into sponsorship here.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Stressin' out.....overbooked....trying to get stuff done before the 4th!! Broken equipment in the shop.....This week gonna suck....late late nights.

4. McFarland_Lawn_Care

On another note, I finally decided to pull the trigger on a gravely - hope it works out well for us. Always had toros but their bagging unit is not made well at all.

5. allagashpm

allagashpm LawnSite Senior Member

Did you demo the 460? I just did on Friday it was a nice machine. Make sure you ask about the fleet pricing the rep told me the 460 w bagger would qualify
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. McFarland_Lawn_Care

Ya we demoed the 452 and 460....going with 452 efi and bagger

7. Plowguy43

Plowguy43 LawnSite Member

That's at least one good problem to have!:weightlifter:

8. McFarland_Lawn_Care

Yes and no....at a tough price when some of the guys got 60 hrs last week....that BITES. hahhaha But seriously I'm thankful to have guys that dedicated to the work. So hard to control growth properly.....it's nuts - I'm losing it...=D

9. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Anyone else going to EOW on weekly cuts?

Turf is already showing signs of heat stress and it's only June
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

We have some Gravely mowers here in Texas but not a whole lot. Some of their mowers like the stand on mower are just ones made by others and painted red with Gravely stickers. I'm not sure id Gravely makes any of their mowers or if they are made by others. Kind of like JD using Wright to build their stuff.

My local JD dealer only sells the Gators and the home owner stuff. He said the JD parts support has always sucked and he won't touch the stuff.

Here in Texas Scag is probably the most popular. We don't see any new Walker mowers at all just the old ones. My dealer doesn't even stock the Walker mowers because they are so expensive now. I guess they have a great cut with their timed blades but their complex drive system doesn't tolerate any abuse very well.