Maine

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by jonesy5149, Feb 19, 2011.

1. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Perhaps to have a mowing/maintenance crew to go on their own?? Not sure yet, but getting more and more work and less and less good days to work in - makes it tough!! I have a hard time turning down jobs, this year will definitely be a challenge! Just hope everything works out - lots of learning curves that slow down production when training employees, but overall looks to be a great year. Now, please God, give us a very sunny JUNE!! =D

2. jonesy5149

jonesy5149 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

3. mouse179

mouse179 LawnSite Member
    from Maine

I have a question and please don't laugh it might sound stupid. I am having lot of problems with dande lions. I have a couple of lawns that have lots of them and now matter how slow I go, or how sharp my blades are, or what over lap I use. They seem to still pop back up and make the lawn look bad. I then have to go over them again and try to get them all its a huge pain in the @$$. Any one have any ideas...

4. stan the man

stan the man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

they sell dande lion control mix for lawn

5. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Mouse - the dandelion stems are too week and just stay bent over when you drive over them and the suction of the mower blades are just not powerful enough to make them stand back up and be cut most of the time. There is really no way around it unless you want to double cut it in the OTHER direction. At least the season for them is relatively short - the best answer is to have a licensed applicator treat the lawn for weeds.

6. mouse179

mouse179 LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Thanks for explaining it, it makes a lot of sense now that is has been explained, Thank you

7. jhayden

jhayden LawnSite Member

Try to hit the dandelions with your string trimmer after if there are not too many sticking up. This way you can leave the poperty looking evenly cut without taking the time to double mow.

8. we dig it

we dig it LawnSite Member

Alright... Trying to make sure I am in the ball park... SO how is everyone charging and how much per hour? Example $60 per hour or per man hour etc... Thanks

9. jhayden

jhayden LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

10. stan the man

stan the man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

i get 60.00 hours