maintain lawn green all year

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by yogibear805, Mar 1, 2008.

1. yogibear805

yogibear805 LawnSite Member

how can i maintain my lawn green all year.any product??suggestions??:dancing:

2. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

rain, fert,rain,fert,rain,fert,rain,rain,rain,fert

3. tbettis

tbettis LawnSite Member

and more rain/fert

4. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Fertilize 4times a year dont water your lawn at night time and water you lawn enough so it will recieve a minimum 1" of water per week.... 1,000 sq of lawn will need 600 gallons to = 1" of water. hope this helps

5. tbettis

tbettis LawnSite Member

4 times.... i fert my bermuda lawn every 4-5 weeks during the growing season
    so i guess it depends on the type of turf. some turfs may take 6-7 apps depending on the climate

personally i dont believe in the 4 apps a year like the scotts plan. i keep my bermuda well fed and it has responded nicely..sometimes out of control

6. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Lesco sells a green turf
    dye...

7. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Your method is fine but for others taking care of their lawn is the least of their worrys. so when i stated 4times a year is more like a minimum guideline a number people seem to be able relate to as an acceptable number.
    (only 4time a year that i can do) also here in florida we are regulated as to how much and how often we can use fertilizer because of runoff getting into our water supply. So where you live that may be fine to fertilizing that much but here we would get a hefty fine.

8. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

And also the use of timed release fert helps with the runoff problems. But most places don't have to put up with 8"/hour rainfall rates and 60" to 90" per year of rainfal.