maintance for lazer zhp

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John_Deere Nut, Sep 14, 2005.

1. John_Deere Nut

John_Deere Nut LawnSite Member

i think its time for me to do some maintance on my exmark. i got my exmark as a demo unit and had the dealer service the machine for me. however that was roughly 50 hrs ago. i was wondering what all i should do to service it. also another question about it. when i am mowing and backup suddenly the engine acts like it will shut off but it hasn't shut off yet it just gets really close. but if i slowly back up it won't do it as much or its much less likely to. thanks again for the help and info.
  2. Fubba

Fubba LawnSite Senior Member

You need to grease the deck adjustment fittings and the rear strut fittings. 7 in all. This needs to be done about every 40 to 50 hours. You could change the oil if you wanted. The manual says every 100 hours though.
  3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

The manual will tell you everything you need for service intervals. Typically we do them a bit more often.
    As for the mower just about shutting sounds like you are "creeping" off of the seat safety switch or operator presence may need adjusting or you may need to distribute your weight a bit differently on the seat............