1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by tallcoopscoach, Aug 3, 2007.

1. tallcoopscoach

tallcoopscoach LawnSite Member

i just bought an '04 superz with a 60" deck and i want it to run well with no interruptions.. i know how to care for a mower and i think this one is a tank but what little things can i do for a hustler to make it last several years? any little tricks would be appreciated... i really like this machine. i have the kaw air cooled engine and it only has 340 hours on it... i'm guessing i can get nearly 2000 hours out of it if i take great care if it and i need to get those kind of hours out of it. the place i bought it from put brand new spindles on it, new pulleys and belts and changed oils and new blades... i just don't want any engine or clutch issues... i try not to run it all out and i don't mow too low... anything else?

thanks much.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Just keep up with the maintenance per the owners manual and you should be fine.
    Buying used is always a gamble, who knows what the user before you did or didnt do to it, but buying it from a dealer helps.