Maintenace Items Purchaced At

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hoffmanlandscaping, Mar 24, 2003.

1. hoffmanlandscaping

hoffmanlandscaping LawnSite Member

I was just wonder were to do you all get your maintenace items (Oil Filters, Air Filters, Fuel Filters, belts, blades ect.) for your equipment at. I've been getting most of my stuff from my dealer but, I've also purchased some stuff from very satisfied with everything but the blades they were just made out of too soft of metals. But here is the problem they don't carry all the parts I need. For instance I just picked up a air filter and fuel filter for my Scag Turf Tiger 27 horse Kaw @ my dealer and the bill came to just a shade below $60 bucks. I don't want to skimp out on these items but, there are alot of good aftermarket parts out there. Any suggestions. Thanks!
  2. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

I don't want to sound like a school marm , but the correct web site is not They are a great company to do business with. Matt
  3. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Just a word to the wise. Don't buy aftermarket air filters. Some of them aren't worth spit and can harm your mower. BTW how do you like the 27hp KW on the Scag. I have a 23hp liquid cooled 52" and have had zero problems in 4 years!
  4. lawnboy

lawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not sure how far you are from chicago, but there is a place called Russos power equipment there that is cheap. 24hr delivery too i think...
  5. hoffmanlandscaping

hoffmanlandscaping LawnSite Member

Thank for the Information! I've had the 27 hp kaw for one season and really like it haven't had any problems at all with it. I have a 61" deck on it. I also have a 17 hp kaw on my walk behind and had it for 5 years know with zero problems on it also.