maintenance and repairs???

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by h-desert, Feb 18, 2008.

1. h-desert

h-desert LawnSite Member

I was wondering what kind of figures you guys think a sprinkler maintenance crew should be hitting per day. Per week? Thanks.

2. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Depending on type of repairs, you may have overkill at crew level, man-hour-wise. Distance to average job site, difficulty of average job, type of system, price for basic repair. More info needed. Also, see http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=216133 for related chatter.

3. h-desert

h-desert LawnSite Member

thanks for replying. I have one highly trained irrigation employee. He will be running most of the repairs. Most of the repairs are on our maintenance accounts, as well as others(residential and commercial). I have a set rate for the service call as well as an hourly rate. But I am wondering if is worth adding one more person in order to get someone trained as well as speeding up jobs allowing us to take on new clients. As far as the work goes, start-ups , adjustments , programming and winterizations will be the majority of the "maintenance and repair" work. Hope this explains it better.