Maintenance Estimating Matrix

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EagleLandscape, Feb 16, 2008.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Ok, after asking for several days to get someone to send me a maintenance estimating matrix, and getting a few (they were all pretty much worthless) I decided to make my own last night.

It is pretty user friendly, and I laid it out in the way that would be most convenient for me.

There is a sheet called Variables in which you can change you labor and material pricing, and then the rest of the calculations is done by formulas.

You can change it to time duration, but I just priced things on unit cost and broke them down.

Feel free to suggest new items. I plan on fully developing this over the summer, hope this helps some.

(I took out my labor pricing so any local competition wont know my rates, but if you arent an idiot, you can figure out where to plug in your own numbers.)

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

That's pretty cool. I'm not really set up to use a spreadsheet matrix like this right now, but I see it would be very handy for bidding large commercial properties.

3. EagleLandscape

thats exactly whats its for, definately not for a home

4. ACE

ACE LawnSite Member

What program did you use? I cant open it up on my computer. Thanks Jeff

5. EagleLandscape

Its a zip file. With a MS Excel spreadsheet inside.

6. Frontstreetlawns

Frontstreetlawns LawnSite Member

its all a matter of opinion, glad you have something that works for you

7. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

thats pretty cool, still playing around with it to figure everything you put in there. ive done something similar for my residential accounts. each customer has their own sheet with their contact info and address. info is broken down weekly to keep track of cost per cut and additional costs and expenses and also uncollected payments. more simple than yours but still effective for residentials. here check it out:

Attached Files:

8. EagleLandscape

you didnt include anything in the zip file

9. Down2EarthLawns

Down2EarthLawns LawnSite Member

Hey Protouch....nothing in the file

10. Down2EarthLawns

Down2EarthLawns LawnSite Member

jwing...I would add formulas in the total fields that will automatically give you a total based on quantity and price per unit.