Maintenance for Apollo fixture

Discussion in 'Unique Lighting' started by NightLightingFX, Sep 7, 2007.

1. NightLightingFX

NightLightingFX LawnSite Senior Member

Is there any special trick in putting a lens with the brass "ring-cover???" back on without taking the whole fixture out of the hole and turning it upside down etc.? What I have done is used a suction cup - I rest the "ring-cover???" on the lens and then position the notches with the brass nubs correctly and then secure the "ring-cover???". You might include a little suction cup with the Apollo so when contractors get to that point of the installation they don't have fumble around with trying to secure the lens and cover. Where the hell do you go to buy a suction cup? FYI another frustrating thing a contractor can go through.
    ~Ned
    www.nightlightingfx.com

2. wbaptist

wbaptist Inactive

Ned,
    My name is William Baptist I am the product engineer at Unique Lighting Systems. Below is the basic idea to installing the Apollo lens. If your debris guard is placed below grade this install is more difficult. We recommend leaving the debris guard above grade. If you have any more questions or suggestions please post for resolution.

[​IMG]

3. NightLightingFX

NightLightingFX LawnSite Senior Member

On your brass debri guard there are two nubs that stick-out. They are designed to correspond with two groves in the black plastic cylinder-fixture. If you place the lens on the cylinder as you suggested the nubs get stuck on the lens. As a result, the brass debri guard isn't able to fall securly into the groves in the black cyclinder. The only way I know to service the Apollo fixture is to use a suction cup. Do you know what I am talking about when I am mentioning the the nubs and the grooves?
    ~Ned

4. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

Rusty/William can verify but those "nubs" are called PemNuts I believ. They are there for attaching the Apollo Glare Shield. I know what you are talking about there Ned, we went out and played with one and Rusty showed me what he was trying to explain here. He laid the lens on top of the can then when sliding the debris guard over the can he just wiggled it a bit into place. I think this is going to be very tuff to explain via internet or phone. I will try and egt some sequenced photos to show you.

5. wbaptist

wbaptist Inactive

Joey and myself created a little video clip of the install. One key point of the install is once you push the debris guard down aginst the glass if you shift the glass side to side it will drop past the pem nuts. Let us you know if you have any further questions.

[​IMG]

6. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

Damn Ned,
    How simple is that? Just kidding dude! I know there is something I'm not seeing.

7. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

Teh idea is Ned that you have to line up the pem nutts with the slots and just wiggle the lens into place. Some of the older debris guards(2 years old) could be a bit tougher. those could be the ones you aer having trouble with. The pem nuts were much larger then. The newer Apollos go on very easy. You shouldnt have any probekms getting the lens inside of the pem nuts on the newer lights.