1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Maintenance Stand

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by BareFootLawn, Jun 8, 2004.

1. BareFootLawn

BareFootLawn LawnSite Member

Currently have a "block" up with ramps and cement blocks. I'm waiting for one to fall on me.
    Should this not happen within the next few days I'm looking to purchase maintenance stands.

X-Mark Turf Tracer HP 48"
    Dixie Chopper 60"

Any reccomendations on the make and model of a stand that would work for me and make things SSSOOO MUCH SAFER?

2. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure exactly what yur looking for. Jack stands maybe?? Jack it up and put the stands under it. Or are you mostly looking for something to get the deck up to change blades. I hear Jungle Jim makes a nice setup for raising riders and changing blades. Do a search for Jungle Jim and I'm sure their website will come up.
  3. chuckscar

chuckscar LawnSite Member

if your just changing blades use your trailer ramp (z-turns or walk behind ), run the mower half up on gate leaving one spindle off the side go Right under change blade or spindle. get that side done move the mower to other side of trail gate.

this way you have the two rear wheels on ground, one front wheel assy on trailer supported on 3 sides 1 free to do what ever you need to. please lock breaks
  4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I got a jungle jack for working on mowers. Its is worth every penny I paid for it. No more risking it with home built stands.