Maintenance vs Management vs Landscaping

Discussion in 'Lawn Care Business Management' started by Gilmore.Landscaping, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

I feel property management is more for real estate co's than green industry co's.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Element Property Mgmt

Element Property Mgmt LawnSite Member

i can see that i guess. one of the largest companies in my area uses that denotion though, and i like how it sounds just a bit more professional to me, and gives me a bit of uniqueness other than the said company.

3. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

There are quite a few companies around here that use the "Property mgmnt" donation Landscape mgmnt might be a option?

4. TYTILIDIE

TYTILIDIE LawnSite Member

I would use which ever one you think will get you more clicks on your internet page. Think about this, what do you think people are searching for when they are looking for a company like yourself. If I were you I would tell some friends or family what you and see what they would type in for a search for your services.

5. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

have to agree with this one "outdoor services" is the new goto title.

6. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

A property manager is a person who works for a property owner, taking care of tenants and agreements. Not the guy who cuts the grass
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. exmarkking

exmarkking LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess it really depends on what your services are and like someone else said above, how will people be searching for you on the Internet. We are mainly into maintenance, but we use the word "landscapes" because I feel like people know what that means. If my trucks said property management they may think we do something other than cut grass.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

I went with property maintenance, because that's what I do, I prefer to stick to maintenance type work, like spring and fall clean ups, junk removal, mowing, shrub pruning, mulching, brush removal, tree removal, demo work, drainage work, anything that has to do with keeping a property looking good is what I'm about, could even be power washing or snow plowing. but much like myself I like to keep other people's property maintained and as neat as they will allow me.

9. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Grounds Management. It sounds professional and encompasses everything. I might be wrong but it kinda makes me think of the crews who manage golf courses and sports stadiums.

10. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

I agree that "grounds management" sounds professional. I almost used the word "grounds" instead of "landscape" in my company name, but didn't because way fewer people type "grounds" when searching for landscaping companies.
    The phrases "lawn care" and "landscaping" top the list.