Maintence!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedWingsDet, May 7, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

well as many of you know by now, im cutting 20lawns a week so far and prolly double or tripple within the next 3-4 weeks. anyway, i was wondering what i have to do each week/month/ whatnot to keep everything at optimum condtion. you can see my equipment in my sig. Thank You!!!

2. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

what do you consider regualr size cubs??

3. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

let me clairify that, theyre 21"

4. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

i have been greasing my ztr probley once every 30 yards so i would say grease zerks i am not sure its something to check i look at my plugs because that tells me how my mowers are running and if any carb adjustments are needed change oil every 2 weeks or 1.5 weeks only wash teh decks of teh mower never the whole thing blow it off with the blower if you want to clean it electronics and water dont mix, keep air filters clean, keep blades sharp sharpen every 15 hrs or so... on the trailer make sure your lugs are tight every month or so and check air psi in tires usually when i do my lugs

5. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

you have 20 accounts and and you get them done in eight hours with 21" mowers...how big are they? postage stamps?

mowers...change oil, clean air filters, fuel filters, plugs...honestly cutting that many lawn a week with a residential mower is just asking for the machine to suffer from premature wear....they just werent designed to get that much use.

2 cycle....same thing as mowers just no oil changes

6. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

What model of the 21 inchers do you have?

Basically, change the oil, keep the blades sharp, filters clean. The wackers and blower shouldn't need much maintainence at all. New plugs/filter every so often.

7. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

the average of em is 5k sq feet, 5 houses are about an acre, but some of the houses are like 3k sq feet so the acre lawns make up for em. so the average lawn is 5k sq feet.... and yes, takes 8hrs to do em all with 21in mowers and one other person helping me... we HUSTLE!

8. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

PremierLandscaping....where in michigan are you located?

9. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

and i know the 21in mowers arent built for the stress i am putting on it, but i am getting a 32 wb in a few weeks, and hte 21's are just fine until they break, my old edger, trimmer and blower broke last week, so thats why i got my sthil equipment, and all that set me back about $1,200 so in about 2-3 weeks ill be able to spend 4000 on a wb, or maybe even a wb or two. all i know is i want a 32in so itll fit through gates, and then eventoully i want a 52.

10. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

i have customers in Grosse Pointe, Saint Claire Shores, Clinton Twp. and Harper Woods.