1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Maintis or Redmax mini tiller

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by curry, Jan 26, 2004.

1. curry

curry LawnSite Member

Read another thread about the Redmax mini tiller and was wondering what yall thought would be the best. The Mantis 7222e mini tiller($280) or the Redmax CV225 mini tiller($250). Anybody use either of these?
  2. PLI1

PLI1 LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 mantis tillers. I like them. We use them for turning over smaller flower beds. One thing I've noticed though. The screws holding the shrouding around the engine sometimes get loose, so we need to check for that occasionally. Otherwise, theyve been fine.
  3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I have a mantis and it has taken a beating. Don't know about the redmax.
  4. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Have a look at the stihl tiller....good machene
  5. danno

danno LawnSite Member

The RedMax is a Mantis tiller. They do some type of trade out (Komatsu supplies engines/Mantis supplies the rest). We have the RedMax and it is a tough little machine. Does a lot more work than you would expect.
  6. One Degree

One Degree LawnSite Member

I have 2 Mantis Tillers. I use them for tilling up beds before I landscape them. They are the most deceiving tool I have used. Little machine to dig so hard. I use them in lots of rock and they work good.
  7. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

I have the Echo mini tiller which is the exact same as the mantis. Tad bit cheaper too.
  8. idugaholez

idugaholez LawnSite Member

i have the honda. its amazing what that little thing can do.
  9. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i find the mantis is indestructible, especially the tines, if they get messed up you get a replacement set free!!!!!
  10. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Stihl mm55. I love it. So far so good. No problems with it.