major crabgrass problem

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by skrats, Aug 14, 2003.

1. skrats

skrats LawnSite Member

in the spring a client had said that he didnt want any pre-m down in the side yrad because he was going to add more seed and water well to get grass in there, well the whole thing is crabgrass now and im not sire where i should step in. what is my fault and what should i do to fix???

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

don't worry about it. If it was back in the spring pre-emergence usually only lasts 6-8 weeks, if that.

It isn't your fault because he wanted to seed the area. If he blames it on you just tell him straight up that it isn't your fault and explain to him why it isn't your fault. If he is still having a fit just drop him them.

And right now up in Michigan we are having a horrible time in the past 2 weeks with crabgrass.

3. skrats

skrats LawnSite Member

thanks but what should i do to fix the area
    should i kill it now and pulverize it and then sow more seed this fall and then put pre-m down at the right time next year

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would spray it with a post-emgerence...but make sure that you are a licensed pesticide applicator. You don't need the fine or the possible jail time just for some little grabgrass.

5. skrats

skrats LawnSite Member

so as far as new grass should i pulverize it then sow more in or what