Major Frustration

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Gravel Rat, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Ya I'am getting a little friggin cranky. The chances of getting back into running equipment or driving truck is going down the drain.

Talking with one of the guys I worked with working in the dirt said things are pretty slow. He might be laid off because the contractor doesn't have any work lined up.

Its getting ******* disgusting how slow its gotten there has been slow times but its getting to the point it may drive contractors out of business.

Frustrated that I haven't been getting any clean up work. No hauling jobs no lumber deliveries. My gov't job is shift work and its taking its toll on me the 60 hour work shifts.

Yep just venting because I'am a little pizzed :dizzy:

Stuck at a job that I can't take anymore but can't quit because there is no jobs out there.

I don't know what to do I'am ending up with all the same stress and shift work problems my co workers have.

The only job openings is working for the highways maintenance contractor and I will take a 5 dollar wage drop and the management sucks donkey **** it is also shift work.

Moving to another area in B.C. isn't really going to make much difference if I was going to move it would be Vancouver Island but they are experiencing the same job losses.

I'am not moving to Crackouver you might aswell put a gun to your head Vancouver is a horrible place to live.

They say you should do what you want to do for a living isn't happening :cry:

2. iron peddler

iron peddler LawnSite Member
    from midwest

i think you confused this site with canadasucks.com, good luck:usflag:

3. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

instead of wasting the time to retype a a new post, just put a link to one of your old posts, there all the same!!!

4. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

What type of response are you looking for?

5. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

Yup, its as good as over, might as well shoot yourself now, no hope, all is over. Whoa is me.:hammerhead: Are you looking for sympathy or attention, you'll get none here.

6. Duramax8832

Duramax8832 LawnSite Member

The economic crunch is worldwide..I don't understand how some guys figure they are the only ones affected.

7. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

That's funny.

(sorry to the other north of the border guys)

8. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

you want some cheese with your whine?

And if you're looking for sympathy I'll tell you where it's at - right between sh*t and syphilis in the dictionary.

9. ccstrebe

ccstrebe LawnSite Senior Member

What good timing. Just today I was thinking it had been a couple of weeks since your last post on the same subject, which had been a couple of weeks before that one, which had been a couple of weeks before that one, etc, etc., etc.

What he said.

10. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I see you newer guys are catching on. What I have never understood since 03' was he gets his lunch money taken after every one of these rants, and yet he continues to author them like it was the first one, oblivious to the responses and obvious lack of empathy displayed by his audience.