major roads

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sharpcut, Feb 12, 2003.

1. sharpcut

sharpcut LawnSite Member
    from ohio

i just wanted to ask you guys about what to do for accounts on main you just not take them ...charge alot more or what ?.....i have two accounts that i have to park on the street theres no way around it . my trailer has been hit once and i have had two close calls ..... i have road cones and put my hazard lights on ,people just don't pay attention...what do you guys do about this
  2. youcantdothat

youcantdothat LawnSite Member

I recommend pulling into the driveway or parking lot.
  3. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

If there's no way around it, park in an adjacent lot if there is one. Or get there first thing in the morning where traffic in minimal.
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Orange cones in place
    4 ways on
    Yell at people that drive by too fast...literally
    Remind my guys to watch and be careful each time we're there

Pray a lot
  5. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, I pull in the driveways also. If not I carry a bunch of cones and park half on the sidewalk 1/2 on the street. That is if there is a sidewalk.
  6. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

Do you have another truck?? If so go to home depot and get some ramps. In that truck put a 48" mower. Over the years I have picked up more and more accounts on busy roads. People just don't care. I zoom right past you. I am doing away with all my trailers. I've seen guys in my area use cube vans(box trucks) vans and rack body trucks. I plan to convert over to rack body trucks. This way I can haul debris, mulch, stone and equipment. Not at the same time of coarse. Its not worth your safety or your workers. Pull into the driveway with another truck and 48" mower. Good Luck. And be safe. Travis