Major U.S. Landscape Contractors??

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Laura, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Laura

Laura LawnSite Member

Hi all;

Can anyone give me the name (or two) of U.S.-wide landscaping contractors if there are any?

If there aren't any that are U.S.-wide, do you know of any that operate at the regional scale?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Laura:canadaflag:

2. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

TruGreen Landscare.
    Brickman Group
    Valley Crest

Pretty much in that order.

Wont find too much Valley Crest on the east coast.

If you want regional you need to tell me what region.

do you want construction or maintenance that would matter too

3. Military Lawns

Military Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Valley Crest has a huge operation here in Central Florida. Brickman is just starting to come on the scene.

DJ-

4. mx315

mx315 LawnSite Senior Member

Valley Crest has moved into the Florida panhandle also... started around Destin about 2-3 years ago and have been heading East from there.

5. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Never heard of Valley Crest. Not around Oregon I don't think.

But Brickman Group did buy out another large company a year or so ago and now have a decent presence around here now.

TruGreen Chemlawn I think is really the only one who is just about everywhere. That's your winner.

6. AJ Lawnscapes

AJ Lawnscapes LawnSite Senior Member

I hate Brickman. Bastards run a slave game. Got their white/black masta sitting/standing around with his white shirt and shorts, while the illegals they slave are doing all the work and have designated "watering" times.

No way in hell you can compete with them.

7. LBFmd

LBFmd LawnSite Member
    from MD

Thats about the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard on here. In any case back on topic.
    Valley Crest has operations in Philly, Allentown, MD, they also recently bought out a large company in NC and another one in SC( they SC one was part of Omni Faclity Resources before it closed). As far as foot print of coverage. I would say Brickman for self preformed work and Trugreen for overall. Alot of trugreen locations say they do maintenance/consstruction but they are primarily spray outfits and sub out the other work under there name.

Hope this helps.

8. Dripit good

Dripit good LawnSite Bronze Member

Not well said, but sadly very true. Certainly not the most ridiculous statement you will find if you are an observer.

9. LBFmd

LBFmd LawnSite Member
    from MD

You know I cant stand them either I have seen them want a contract and price something that is $450 a cut for one guy and price it at $175 per cut and not blink and eye. But my porblem with the statement is:

1) they are not illegals they are here on legal h2B visa.
    2) Referring to them like there slaves and the folks at Brickman are "there masters" is a little much. Its 2008 move into this centruy.

Many of us may not like there tatcics they way they do business, or heck the crap brown trucks but lets not make offense and untrue statements, or compare them to the "Masters" from way back when.

and Dripit your probably right about the statement, its just you see so much illegals this illegals that comments thrown around on here and honestly race doesn't have anything to do with it and assuming everyone is illegal is somewhat ignorant.

10. Ztwo

Ztwo LawnSite Member

U.S LAWNS is nation wide