Make a bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by exmarklover, Feb 5, 2004.

1. exmarklover

exmarklover LawnSite Member
    from midwest

OK, I am new. I Just bought an ex-mark and am looking to get work at some local companies that have pretty basic lawns but I do not know how most contractors go about getting those contracts. Do I stop by and give them a bid, do I just stop by and say hi would you like a bid, or are they expected to call you. Oh, by the way I am looking only do 2 or 3 place on the weekend for some extra money. Not cheap either but fair market price. Thanks!
  2. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Just bought a new exmark for only 2 or 3 places? which did you buy? just stop in and ask them to answer you question.
  3. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

Ask them if they are currently accepting bids for thier landscape maintenance. Most places of business will have thier bids all lined up by now or aroung the 1st of the year.
  4. workaholic

workaholic LawnSite Senior Member

Totally unbeliveable.....
  5. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

;) Heh heh heh...

Maybe drop off a biz card...With a quick statement that you were in the area, an have a couple of openings if you would like a quote.
  6. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

Welcome to your competition boys!!!!!!!!
    And the hundred or so not posting with the same question.
  7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Just stop by and tell them your licensed to do the work, and have adequate liability insurance. That is the first thing they will ask about when they see your yellow page add, and inquire about service. do yourself a favor, forget commercial for a year or two and stick to residential.
  8. exmarklover

exmarklover LawnSite Member
    from midwest

I bought an exmark lazer. I live in the country and have a 2 acre lot and I wanted to buy a mower that would last a very long time, no to mentchon I love things that are made very well. I thought my wife would love it if I paid the thing off fast. I have given some thought to doing this as a full time thing, however this will give me a good Idea if I will like it or not. Thanks for some of the advice with out being condescending.:D Keep them coming I love to hear what you have to say.