Make It Stop!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tbarchaser, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I need a break, I cant wait till the growth slows down. It's still growing like crazy and with all the fert going down this month I am afraid it will be another month.

When will it slow down!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

maybe 2 more mowings here.....and then its on to leaf cleanups.....ahhh finally a break from mowing. it will be snowing before you know it... oh wait, haha, you live in florida. when we are buried in snow, youll be posting how its 80 and nice. guess you just have to take the good with the bad.;)
  3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Ahhhh, But it's better than the dust bowl of last year for us!
  4. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

mdb landscaping

your right on the money.some may get up to 3 more cuttings but i think 2 should do it
  5. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

amen to that i hope we dont see a drought like that one for awhile....scary.

We've startedskipping a week on some properties and I'm not complaining. Like many of you I've got so many things that need done with equipment, at home, the vehicles, etc as theres been so little free time this year.

THis year was nuts...but revenue was well beyond projections.

I think we all deserve that long winter's nap ....but with this precip pattern, snow work may be off the charts too....I'm tired just thinking about
  6. turfman33

turfman33 LawnSite Member

I hear ya on that one. Boy, it was a hot one Monday wasn't it? I thought a cold front was coming down.

7. JerrysLawnService

JerrysLawnService LawnSite Member

Hey it's been a tough year with all the rain we gotten here in the east, it's been steady going all year long! I can use a break too, just 3-4 more cuts here, plus leaves. Good luck!

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I actually want it to keep on going up here. The season is slowly coming to an end here. There is already a list of people that is done mowing for the season and I see for only about 2 more mowings here as well. Weeklys are being moved to every 2 weeks now.
  9. Floridalandcare

Floridalandcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Tampa

I hear you , our St . Augustine is still growing about 4 inches a week .Plus the rain isn't helping at all. I usually cut them back to every other week in mid October but I cant for see that happening yet . All we need is one good cold snap to put us on easy street till April 1 . Same money, half the work and expense. Chris
  10. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I want to get to all of installs/mulch/fountains. I enjoy the design/planting side of this biz a lot better. But I like the steady income of the maint. Don't think I'm whining...I love this job. Its just time to relax and then get down to the EXTRAS!