Make My Exmark Faster!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mcneil007, Sep 21, 2004.

1. mcneil007

mcneil007 LawnSite Member

Hi, I have a Exmark Lazer Z 60" with a 25 hp Kolher and I want to make the ground speed faster. I have been using Exmark riders for the past 7 years now and have mastered these mowers. I would like it make it cut about 15 to 20 mph. Please help!

2. easycareacres

easycareacres LawnSite Senior Member

mow at 20 mph haaaaaaaaaa crickey ya be bumped off seat. want to speed up ya blade speed then all ya spindles crap out, speeding tickets, dead pedistrians, snap bolts, then ya guts crook with milkshake ride.

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Johnny G's Pictures 102.jpg

4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Who's mower is that John?

Your gonna have to buy another mower........Chopper or Hustler to get 15 mph and still be cutting something.......Axemark ain't gonna do it for ya. :sleeping:

5. easycareacres

easycareacres LawnSite Senior Member

nic pic john

work 155.jpg

6. steve122

steve122 LawnSite Member

2 ways, both will blow your warranty. File the dashboard stop that is keeping you from pushing the arms further forward, allows more travel. Adjust the rods that go from steering arms to pumps, check owners manual for directions on how to center for no creep and then lengthen the rod for more forward travel. You will lose some speed in reverse by doing this.
    This was explained to us by the dealers mechanic when we complained about speed also, when we first started to buy exmarks. I have personally found them fast enough to make my back hurt bumping across yards set at factory speeds. Unless you're mowing table tops, I am in the group that things if you need to cut more faster maybe you need a bigger deck instead. As someone pointed out already, you're not increasing your blade speed to compensate for the higher ground speed.

7. lawnrangers

lawnrangers LawnSite Member

thats a good one JOHN...... :laugh:

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I thought someone would like it. I will admit you will be impressed with there new rider(Hustler) that is. I cant say anymore :cry: For fear of death :angel:

John

9. cgotro

cgotro LawnSite Member

Turn it into a Hustler Super Z. Thats the best way to speed it up dude.

10. lawnrangers

lawnrangers LawnSite Member

i totally understand :nono: :nono: