Make sure you always look up

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by grandview (2006), Oct 6, 2007.

1. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

2. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

Great post. I dont rely on anybody but me for the checking of wires above. I will save this article and show the guys.

3. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Ooops. Good thing the driver escaped with out any injuries.

4. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

That had to be a shocking experience:laugh: glad he is alright.

5. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

I like how the article says the truck is "almost" a total loss. Their aint much left of it. I'll have to wait and see when it ends up at caseys truck parts.

6. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

The first thing I do any time I lift the box is stick my head out and see if there is any wires.

That guy is very lucky usually what happens is the ground energizes your okay if you stand in one spot. Electricity ripples in a circle like dropping a stone in to a puddle. You don't walk you either leap or even safer shuffle you feet not lifting them of the ground doing little baby steps.

I worked for the hydro company they said you need a 20' buffer zone bettween you and the wires. If not you can get a arc off the wires to you which goes to the ground your dead. I worked in a electrical substation there is enough juice running through the wires there to light up a city.

7. gammon landscaping

gammon landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

guy around here was killed a few years ago doing the same thing but he jumped from the truck and while waiting on the firemen he decided to get back in the truck to cut it off and when he touched the handel it killed him