Make that money on that lawn!!! YEA!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rross, Oct 10, 2002.

1. rross

rross LawnSite Member

So when do you start bidding and asking for next years customers??
  2. Today
  3. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Now. Been working on new clientele for next year for about a month now.

The sooner the better...but, better late than never.

Actually heard that from another contractor today at a local shop.
  4. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

i use a ten, two, one rule. talk to ten people, atleast two are interested and i close one. the more tens you talk to, the more ones you get. get to selling you and your biz
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Last year, the year before, etc. The cost of keeping old customers is much cheaper than finding new ones. Then let them do most of the work finding the new ones.
  6. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Kudos to Hoss for yet another on target response. Do your best to keep your clientele happy, and you'll have more work than you can imagine.

7. Constantly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Floridalandcare

Floridalandcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Tampa

Not to bring you snow birds down here to an allready saturated market , but we pick up and maintain new customers all year long .Yes Its harder to pick them up in the winter but beleive it or not alot of people change during the winter,this is when we take over from all of the non-preforming non-contractriol scrubs .Throw them on a 12 month contract and ride the winter out making the easy $
  9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Easy money. I'll be down there in November. What neighborhood do I start in? :D

Actually, that would be very cool to have people not balk over 12month deal. They see you year round so their tiny little minds understand paying that way.
  10. Turtle II

Turtle II LawnSite Member

Not to change the subject but when you get that FIRST TIME CUSTOMER, do you automatically start out with a 12 month contract??? Do you have a trial period??? Do you mow two or three times before the contract to help hone in on your price???

Lawngodfather, didnt you have a smiley simular to hoss 65???

That "name recognition / name logo stuff" is for real......Must be simple-eyecatching-and convey message to be effective.........