Make the dinging stop!!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by JimmyStew, May 17, 2008.

1. JimmyStew

JimmyStew LawnSite Senior Member

I have an '04 Chevy k2500. There is a button on the dash to override the cab lights when the door is open but the dinger still goes off - and it is really loud. Is there a way to disable it - a fuse perhaps? My old '98 had those little plastic rods that stuck out of the door jam that I had rigged up so they stayed in all the time. No such luck on the newer trucks.

2. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

my older truck had a chime under the dash that i removed.

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know if there is a remedy, but just so you know, the sound comes from your speakers not a stand-alone dinger under the dash like older models.

May want to check a GM Diesel site? Never really bothered me. Only when I want to open the doors and listen to the radio.

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I found a way on my 00 2500, at least when the door is open and the thing is dinging. There is no little button on the door or door frame anywhere. It has a sensor on the actual latch mechanism that can tell when it is closed or open. I just take my knife or a screwdriver and push the latch to the closed position. Bingo!!!! No more ding. Just remember to open it before closing the door, lol