makeing a new flyer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ronslawncare, May 25, 2001.

1. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

let me know if this sound ok.

ronslawncare
    my logo
    affordable lawn service starting at only 30.00 and up
    which includes,mowing,trimming,edgeing and blowing off all debris from walks and driveways.for a additional $5.00 we turn beds over for a fresh apperance and street sweep the front of your house.

then list all other services i do down here

free estimates done on site

call ron today.

i need more ideas i want to add at least another 25 customer to my route .but alot of people say im exspensive they always say you know in the paper i saw 25.00 i cut any size property .so why did you call me then.the price sticks

2. KD'sLawns

KD'sLawns LawnSite Member

I think that you need to add the word quality in there somewhere. Next time tell them that those people cut for $25.00 for beer or cigarettes. You get what you pay for. Tell them your prices are higher because you smoke and drink only imported.LOL

3. ronslawncare

haaaa thats what im saying everyone is cheap here i swear they want to buy there own material when planting .someone even asked how much would you charge me if we do the job together.i got my own crew if needed you want a job or do you want work done.these people are to much.

4. motivated1

motivated1 LawnSite Member

YEAH THAT KINDA' SUCKS! I M HERE IN TEXAS I'VE GOTTEN THAT CRAP FOR YEARS. YOU MIGHT DO LIKE THE OTHER GUY SAYS PUT IN THERE "QUALITY" AND MY OPINION " PROFESSIONAL" A PROFESSIONAL WOULD NOT SCREW AROUND WITH A JOB LIKE THAT. P. S. YOU MAY REALIZE THAT YOUR TRUE TURN AROUND FROM FLIERING WILL BE 10% THOSE THAT WILL BECOME CUSTOMERS ARE BETWEEN 1% AND THAT 10% MARGIN SO....HAVE FUN WALKIN' BELIEVE ME I'DID IT FOR YEARS IF YOU HAVE GOOD CUSTOMERS WORK WITH THEM PROMOTE "GOOD " WORD OF MOUTH LET THEM DO YOUR LEG WORK PEOPLE PREFER THAT SOME TIMES. LATER!

5. jcoat

jcoat LawnSite Member

You might add dependability to that mix... when it gets hot a lot of the illegitimate lmos will drop like flies and you'll be the one standing when the customer really needs somebody to maintain their lawn. Also, if the price is too high for them, tell them you'll give a group discount if they can recruit neighbors who need their lawns mowed too! It may be a little less money in appearance, but the time saved in travel will allow you to come out ahead...

6. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

finde one of the lawns that one of the scrubs do in your town and take a picture of it! then go to your best lawn and take a pic of that then compare the two ther should be a drastic differance!! then show the costomer the pic's. if they still don't go for it give them some referances and have the take a look at them or call them! Then tell them to just try and get a referance form the other guy!
    Just an idea have not tried it my self but maby i will!

hope this helps if not just ignore this post!!!!!

7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I think putting a dollar amount in there can be a problem. Even though it clearly says "starting at...", I would think a lot of folks are going to assume that THEIR lawn is at the "starting at..." price.

Other then that, I think it's a good idea to put "Insured" (assuming you are). In the VERY short time I've been doing this, I've already been asked about the insurance thing.

Also, make sure no print on the flyer is too small (or fancy) to read. Had a older lady say that she called me over ads in paper because she was able to read the larger print on my flyer! LOL!

Good luck!

8. Mike (MLC)

Mike (MLC) LawnSite Member

I agree. I wouldn't put a dollar amount in there. That will give you more trouble than it's worth. Instead you may want to put " We offer fair or reasonable prices." That way they don't have their mind made up before you get there to make an estimate. ;)

9. ronslawncare

good idea dont put a price on there .also there are smaller lawns ive probally been beating myself out of them.thanx im thinking of going with more a proffesional logo too.ill let you guys no how it turns out.