Makes me mad

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Stafford Landscaping, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Stafford Landscaping

Stafford Landscaping LawnSite Member

Does anybody feel this way. I done a ladscape install about a year ago and they call me the other week to come back and remulch, plug and fertilize the lawn. So I went and when I got there I was so mad they hadn't done ANYTHING since I left last year no puning no nothing the place looked bad. We puned, trimmed everything redged and mulched I know it's not my house and It's a job. But I just hate it when sombody just don't take care of stuff especially when it looked good when I left the first time. Does anybody else feel this way or am I just a horses a$$.

2. Stafford Landscaping

I mean Pruning not puning, Sorry I can't spell

3. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

I understand being disappointed, but mad? Sounds like job security to me brother...

4. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Had this happen to me last year, did the job looks great then bam it looks horrible because of their neglect. Its ok because lots of other clients are paying us to maintain it also. Its been a great March we have a bunch of landscape jobs planned along with the maintainance. Just put it behind you and Make the money.

5. CAG

CAG LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

I totally feel your pain!!! Ever do a big hardscaping job and the people think they are going to do the landscaping themselves and they F up the whole job???!!!:cry:

6. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Last year I bid a job and it came to around 1400 dollars and this guy said he would do it himself. Yeah right, he didn't.

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Use this to your advantage, and talk to them. Tell them you would be more than happy to accept them as a steady customer, and you will handle all of their hedge/shrub trimming needs. Sell them on your services.

8. Stafford Landscaping

I Guess I shouldn't say I'm mad, but I'm just disapppointed at them.

9. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Not me doesn't bother me..I have an older couple I did a landscape for 7 years ago..they neglect it all year and call me in once a year for a day and I fix it.Have been doing that for 7 years.every year.I have about 3 like that.