making a ride on

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by vaacutabove, Mar 26, 2013.

1. vaacutabove

vaacutabove LawnSite Bronze Member

I know this has been covered a bunch and I have looked at it the last few years. But here it goes.

I am thinking about adding a boom to the back of my scag v ride. I am a smaller company (that has one employee out with a broken leg.) My current setup is 200 gal skid. I am debating putting my 20 gal. tank on the front of my stand on and putting a boom on the back not sure on the height I know it matters on gal and tips. I am not big enough for a ride on but have some coin put aside for one.

I have searched and found sedge I think made one out of a wright. Any helpful hints on pumps and tips, how high should the boom be and should I move boom to the front even with rust issue? I will be spraying only for now.

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Could be a good spot wide spray boomless nozzle setup.

3. vaacutabove

most of what I spray is half acre open area thats why I'm thinking it would work.

4. Wes Parker

Wes Parker LawnSite Member

might look at some of the set ups on the pro-edge facebook page and website. I have the ztr front boom mounted sprayer 16 gallon tank. it works great.

5. vaacutabove

any idea what his web page or Facebook is? or how to search his post.

6. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

If you have a 200 gal skid I personally think you are large enough for a used ride-on. Do you ever push a spreader? A ride-on is great for that.

I know everybody's needs are different but you would be amazed at the time savings on most properties with a ride-on.

7. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Here is the website http://www.proedgesprayer.com/

8. vaacutabove

I'm sure it would save a ton of time. I'm trying to decide ride on or a truck. I'm having a hard time making up my mind. Every week it seems to change so I have not done either.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Definitely check out the ProEdge setups, I've seen several of them at his shop. I bought a zero turn from them, good people to deal with and certainly know the spray business.

10. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you mind saying how much that particular sprayer cost?