1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Making a spray rig

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Tea to Green, May 9, 2004.

1. Tea to Green

Tea to Green LawnSite Member

Well guys. I've got almost all the info I need to turn my Lazer HP into a spray rig. I've got a 26 gallon tank on the way from Northern Tool. All I need to do now is get a 3GPM shurflo pump to mount on it, some 80 degree/.5GPM turfjet nozzles, hose, valves and agitation kit, and I'll be ready to start putting it together. I'm going to mount the boom 18" off the ground and space the nozzles 20" apart. My question is how wide of a spray do most of you guys prefer when setting up your rigs to spray mostly residential lawns? I'm sure that going too wide can be just as bad as going too narrow. I'm going to be applying mostly post emergents and primo with this rig. I've seen some 5 nozzle booms on here, but wasn't sure if that would be too wide for the residential spraying I'm looking to do, or not. Thanks in advance.