1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Making a summer flyer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnkid, Jun 23, 2002.

1. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

How does this sound:

"Summer is here and D & M Lawn Service is here to provide you with all of your lawn mowing needs while you keep cool out of the hot sun. We offer weekly lawn service, fertilizing, hedge trimming, aerating, and clean-ups at a competitive price with excellent quality of work."

Give me your thoughts and pointers. Also what kind of specials do you give in the summer. i was thinking like normal hedge trimming special and one time free when you sign up for a year-long lawn service program.
  2. robert payer

robert payer LawnSite Senior Member

Flyer looks good. The word here was used twice in the first sentence though. Be very careful as far as giving anything away for free. Good luck with your ad.

Go Tribe baseball!
  3. corban

corban LawnSite Member
    from K.C. Mo

I agree with the suggestion, maybe: Summer is here and so is...
    Other than that it looks good. Try to keep it as short as possible. It's like a sermon: the shorter it is the more they'll listen and grab the main concept.
  4. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

"Summer has arrived and D & M Lawn Service is ready to provide you with...."

Short and sweet (to the point) is best when making flyers and ads. People don't enjoy reading like they used to. ;)