Making a Website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Green Acres, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Green Acres

Green Acres LawnSite Senior Member

Where is a good place to start? I want to make a website and I would like to do it myself. It looks like yahoo and google will do it for free. Has anyone used them lately. Any info would be great. Thanks

2. roushjh

roushjh LawnSite Member
    from KS

I don't have much experience in the building, I had mine done.

Just saw you were from Shawnee, and wanted to say hey! If you want to talk to my guy he's in Olathe.

I've seen many are using the Intuit websites to build it yourself. I think the costs are low. I've seen a few and they aren't that impressive. Give me a call if you want we can talk about a few things and see what your goals are. I'll give you my 2 cents. Office number is on my website.

3. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

4. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

Free usually not good. If you can spend the money I would do so but shop for a good deal. You are not building amazon .com. So don't pay outrageous costs for a decent site.

5. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

Intuit.com>>>yes there are some bad sites...but they have 100"s to choose from, but you need to be creative when building it and they do offer all the tools ....Yes for cheap..$5 per mth...Also get on any search engine that offers FREEEEEEE LOCAL Listings>>>>>It's work, but you must make the the time.

6. bnclawncare

bnclawncare LawnSite Member

7. tinman

from ga

I am guessing it is a free site. Nothing wrong with that in principle but the google ads on the side could lead visitors to other lawn services in your area. You can set up a free site (pretty much) without ads.

8. bnclawncare

bnclawncare LawnSite Member

No, the site isnt free. It is$12.95 per month and the Google ads were put on there by me. Google pays per click on these ads through Google Adsence.

www.bnclawncare.com

9. tinman

from ga

Oh I gotcha.

10. indy2tall

indy2tall LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious as to how much income you get back from those google ads? Has it ever equaled your hosting charge?