Making curves

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by CSLC, Apr 25, 2010.

1. CSLC

CSLC LawnSite Member

What do you guys use to make your curves in walkways and patios...

2. Crash

Crash LawnSite Member

What exactly do you mean???? If it's very precise you could use a string line attached to a fixed point. Besides that, just paint it out, cut it and you're on your way.

3. CSLC

CSLC LawnSite Member

When the pavers are down I over lay them and use snap edging to get my curves to be aesticilly pleasing and the home owner's visions what do you guys use?

4. greatinmulchbeds

greatinmulchbeds LawnSite Member

over lay then usually i'll take thin pvc like 1/2 inch and bend till the curve looks good mark it and cut it

5. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

use 1/2" electrical conduit... very flexible and you can put sections together to make long smooth curves.

6. pghlandscape

pghlandscape LawnSite Member
    from pgh,pa.

this is the best way to do it!!!! we then mark the stone with "soap stone " and cut the pavers with a chop saw, lift the pieces out touch up the base if needed and install the soldier course. its dusty but super fast and very uniform

7. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

I bring a little cheapo 3gal air compressor with a blower nozzle to clean off pavers so when we finish cutting we can get all the superfine dust out of the stones. Then drop in soldier course and off you go. Some people disagree with cutting in place (zedosix) but I find it to be super quick and don't have the need for a table saw like he's got.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Surfdunn

Surfdunn LawnSite Member

I use my edge restraint and mark with a soap crayon.

9. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Try a gas powered blower, they are indespensible when preparing the brick for sand. Yup we mark with snap edge and bring to a table saw. There are other ways but this works for us.

10. greatinmulchbeds

greatinmulchbeds LawnSite Member

electrical conduit is a good method platinum since you can make it longer, going to have to try that. That's the only problem with pvc is the length.