1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Making Cuts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Feb 6, 2006.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

What if any are you cutting back on this year in regards to budget?
  2. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

Was hoping to cut back on new equipment but it looks like im going to be Buying a new truck and a new 21" along with the trailer i had budgeted for.
  3. Husky05

Husky05 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes ill be making huge cuts considering I just bought a 95K dollar piece of property to store and run my business out of. Every dollar earn will be valued and spent properly or saved accordingly until this place is paid for!
  4. lawn_pro

lawn_pro LawnSite Senior Member

Advertising will be cut in half next season, ended up with a bunch of extra accounts I wans't planning on getting...paying advertising for nothing right now..
  5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that is one thing I am cutting big time. No more direct mail...what a waste
  6. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

This year I will be cutting my truck and large equipment purchases to ZERO!

The only major thing business related I plan to buy is a 24 ft enclosed trailer.
  7. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

I am so not cutting it is ridiculous.

My Justmowit style company is out of testing and ready to go prime time. $14,000 ad campaign. two trucks and the landscaper bed conversions and some stick equipment. I already have the mowers I need.

Hopefully, my full service company won't need much in new equipment, although Ihave a bid out that would require another 60" ZTR and a dump trailer. We will see.
  8. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

Not really cutting costs....just buying some new and selling some old!
  9. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Bought two new Z's last year. I will need to update our 21 WB mowers, and a few handheld pieces, and I did get 2 new trucks last fall and 1 new truck last week. NO MORE SPENDING! I now have a building being put that needs to be paid for.
  10. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

I did too much spending last year, I bought a 01 F-350 4x4 a new boss 8 ft V-plow a salt spreader a husq 326lx trimmer, pressure washer, stihl 110fs edger and a ton of other equipment. So I should not buy anything this year but I'm already wanting a 200gal sprayer another push mower and a lesco or toro ztr. I spent wayyyyy too much on fuel last year so I need to cut that with tighter more profitable routes, and I need to do more of my own mant example oil change, sharpening blades ect. I would think that I spent somewhere around $25,000 - $35,000 on just equipment last year I don't want to spend more than $10,000 unless of course I get a skid loader and fuel depends on how many jobs I get but that cost I hope to keep below $10,000.