1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Making Large Property More Profitable?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Arvydas, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

Ask for a price increase or figure out a way to increase productivity and efficiency to where you spend less time there. Pretty tough to do from the sounds of things

30 bucks is a pretty good for just showing up to a job where minimal skills are needed and no equipment is used

Plenty of guys would be willing to take your job for 10-15hr so tread carefully
  2. Arvydas

Arvydas LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input everyone. I know my pricing could seem on the higher side for the work, but she's had several people try to care for the property before me at 10 or so and hour and they butchered the garden (including a big landscape company crew who pruned everything into "balls"). It's taken me 3 years to get it show worthy again.

It's a highly ornamental garden with skilled pruning requirements. I really enjoy working there, I'm just trying to meet my financial goals as best I can.
    Posted via Mobile Device