making my own weedeater racks!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rcracer, Feb 20, 2008.

1. rcracer

rcracer LawnSite Member

Hello again, I was wondering if anyone has any plans or have made their own racks? I didn't try using the search button so I apologize. Any help would be great.:usflag:

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I have been threatning to do this myself lately. I am just dissatisfied with what is currently available. They all seem to be the same basic design. I have the latest model of Jungle Jim racks. While they are high quality, the design puts all the stress on the shaft to prevent rotation. My design would be a box or basket to cradle the powerhead. Preventing rotation seems to be the root of most problems. When they roatate they leak fuel and flood themselves. Let us know how your design works out.:usflag::usflag::usflag:

ericg likes this.
  3. Dynamic

Dynamic LawnSite Member

Good thread, I would like to see what you come up with or drawings. At the very least is should be a fraction of what most charge.

4. rcracer

rcracer LawnSite Member

I like the basket design or something of the sort. I am going to try and get some ideas together. I never thought about the reason to not let them rotate would flood them out. I will keep you guys posted as to what I figure out. Thanks for the help.:usflag:

5. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

I fabed mine and they don't rotate. I'll get some pics tomorrow if I can remember.

6. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is one we made It is lockable they dont shift. Works for us for the last 6 years.

WEED EATER RACK.JPG

7. rcracer

rcracer LawnSite Member

I thought about making an actual box with lid and hinge. And then put an small opening for the shaft to stick out. Does that sound like overkill?:usflag:

8. Dynamic

Dynamic LawnSite Member

Not trying to be negative, simple or just completely stupid but I do not see the system that you have built.

9. Dynamic

Dynamic LawnSite Member

I like your idea that your brainstorming, I think it will work. We must be on here at the same time because our posts came up at the same time.

10. rcracer

rcracer LawnSite Member

I drew it on paper but I am not a very good artist.:usflag: