Making plans to start a business

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by zdem, Jul 16, 2004.

1. zdem

zdem LawnSite Member

Hello all! This is my first post. I am what you call a green rookie. Really green.

I plan to start a lawn care co. in the Sugar Land area this coming spring. I figure I’ll use the coming months to plan as much as possible to try and kick the thing off right. I have what seems like a million questions. If you guys don’t mind and if you have knowledge about one or all of the following, your responses would be appreciated.

1. I currently work full time and I plan to continue to work full time when I start the business. I want to put two or three employees on a fully equipped rig, and have them work the clientele in my absence. Can this work or is it just to hard finding good help?

2. I see Mexicans working for the established lawn care companies in my area, are these guys lagitt, do they have green cards or something? If not, how are the companies able to use them without getting mixed up with the law?

3. How do you finance the equipment? Did a bank give you a loan?

4. How much do you charge for an average size yard in an upscale neighborhood?

5. Where do you park your equipment?

That should get me started. Thanks in advance for the help.