Making some extra money ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by olderthandirt, Sep 8, 2004.

1. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Is anyone useing the internet to make some extra cash? NOT E-BAY :angry:
    I'm talking about goods or products that you make or have made that you sell on the internet. I chisel out bird baths with an air chisel in sandstone and make small water falls and benches from sandstone. I've sold some to customers and thought the "net" might be the best way to advertise. payup Always needing another source of income :D

Mac

2. all degree

all degree LawnSite Senior Member

What you are describing is perfect for ebay!! Whats your deal against them. Marketing your own Website through pay per click will cost you at least a few hundred $$ per month.

I would go with ebay.

3. broken leg

broken leg LawnSite Senior Member

I do a bunch on the Internet But I just bough a vinyl cutter to make signs a letters for trucks and windows. I was going to buy a bunch of signs to advertise my stump grinding so i bough a machine. if you want to see how cheap they are now look on ebay under vinyl cutter I bough a package for $799.00 will be here tomorrow. I went to Raleigh yesterday and bough my boards and blank signs.

4. olderthandirt

from here

I have nothing against e-bay its the worlds biggest garage sale. The thread was not how to market what I mentioned, but was to find Ideas on possable ways to use the "net" the only way to reach all corners of the world. LCO have ideas to make money every day, my question is does anyone use the internet to make some extra cash. For Example a Mr. Sean Addams found a way to make some pocket change and now has 20k people viewing it and a few paying sponsers :D But I'm sure all the ways to financallly benefit from it have not been thought of at this time. You can market just ideas also if you know how to do it. payup

Mac

5. GrassBlaster

GrassBlaster LawnSite Member

You can also set up a Yahoo store. I have a friend that did this, but the most successful people I know at this time have Ebay stores with "buy it now" pricing, no auctions.

6. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Check out my little site, clientcheck.net. Been running a few years now.

olderthandirt likes this.
  7. olderthandirt

from here

Love it, helps out your other lco's and generates some income. But there's has to be many more ideas out there.

8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Set up a webcam in your house, and have people pay to watch you as you surf lawnsite all evening. :cool:

olderthandirt likes this.
  9. olderthandirt

from here

You know I do it in the nude so send your dollars Jodi in care of me at po box 19697 n. ohio :eek:

10. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

As with any new idea, testing is imperative to make sure it will work.
    I thought for sure you would select me to be your tester, testing and watching to make sure you had the web cam positioned correctly.
    Now I'm insulted, you want me to pay as if I'm just another "dirt" groupie.