Making The Best Of The Space

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by STONE SCAPES, Nov 20, 2006.

1. STONE SCAPES

STONE SCAPES LawnSite Member

SMALL BACK YARD. SMALLER BUGETpayup

BEFORE.jpg

BEFORE 1.jpg

BEFORE 2.jpg

2. STONE SCAPES

Computer Sim

copthron.jpg

courtstone.jpg

il campo.jpg

ritcliff.jpg

stonehenge.jpg

3. STONE SCAPES

Did With Left Overs Form Bigger Job And One Pallet Of Copthorn

site map.jpg

ALL DONE.jpg

ALL DONE 1.jpg

ALL DONE 2.jpg

ALL DONE 3.jpg

4. STONE SCAPES

FENCE IS ANCHORED BY AB WALL BLOCK 2 PALLETS 1 LEFT OVER FROM ANOTHER JOB:drinkup:

ALL DONE 4.jpg

ALL DONE 5.jpg

ALL DONE 6.jpg

ALL DONE 7.jpg

UP CLOSE.jpg

5. STONE SCAPES

Let Me Know What You Think Please.

6. apowell18

apowell18 LawnSite Member

I like it...well done...i'll need to post mine after next year...my yard looks like your before pics...

7. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

i think that the workmanship looks great, but i do NOT like the curves.

the end by the tree and fence look fine, but the part that ends to the right of the steps looks wierd to me..

I am really anal about having smooth large radius swooping lines..

just a matter of personal taste.

8. STONE SCAPES

customer wanted a lot of plating space they have a green tumb. did their own planting.:waving:

9. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

I am sorry, but I am not impressed.

First of all, the old, ugly deck should have been removed, and a raised patio could have replaced the deck with a ground level patio to follow. (see pic below)

[​IMG]

I'm a firm believer in using radiuses, as they give a pavement a much warmer, inviting appearance.

But....to do so, radiuses need to be done tactfully.

Kinda like outdoor lighting. The last thing you do with outdoor lighting is line a driveway with path lights on both sides, it'll look like a runway. So the trick is to uplight trees that are lining the driveway, or if no trees exist - then a professional, competent lighting contractor will explain to the client why not to line with pathlights, and why they should plant trees lining the drive and UPLIGHT the trees, this way the lighting is actually doing somthing other than just lighting the way.

Same concept goes for pavement architecture.

Like I said, we try to make all our job radiused in some form. And I'll ladd what I call "pockets". But I don't overdo it with pockets. Maybe 1 or 2 on a 600 SF job. The pockets allow for planting perennials, and / or ornamental trees. But - you can't just plop a pocket anywhere, as you need to plan for seating and actual function of the pavement.

[​IMG]

http://www.outdoorfinishes.com

10. STONE SCAPES

I did recommend that the deck come out. but like i said small budget!! The home owner cleaned and painted the deck. sorry the customer dint't have enough money to impress you. only can stretch the buck so far. job was done for only $3800.:dizzy: