Making the lawn look proffesional, how do you do it?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by MarkAJ311, Aug 1, 2007.

1. MarkAJ311

MarkAJ311 LawnSite Member

I'm 21, and in 3 years I'm moving to Tampa, Fl and plan to start my own LawnCare/Landscape business. Until then I'll be doing lawns here in Buffalo, NY by myself with just the basic equipment and getting some experience. To start out I was just wondering the "correct" way to mow lawns. For the most part i'll mow them diagonally (just looks nice to me), but its hard with how some lawns are shaped. I also have a really hard time with tight spaces and corners. Does anyone have any advice or tips? Thanks.

2. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

need pics thanks

3. MarkAJ311

i don't have pics, i can try and find something similar on google images

4. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Make 1 lap around the entire lot that outlines the lawn & house. Then I pick 1 of 2 directions to mow in, rotating each week. Typically 1 diagonal & 1 perpendicular to the street. If it's a long section I'll take the longest length path.

5. MarkAJ311

cant find any...so lets just say a fenced in backyard to a ranch house, with bushes around, trees, etc. How to I go about getting in the corners, around bushes, and still make it look neat and straight?

6. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

get as close as you can then string trim the rest.

7. MarkAJ311

So if thats the case I should mow and then trim, right? makes sense

8. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

thats how I do it

9. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

that's what I do, or at least until you know how close you'll be able to get.

10. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

you bet ya buddy.