Making the perfect stripe

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by momow, May 25, 2008.

1. momow

momow LawnSite Member

Other than practice, how do you make a perfectly straight line? I have only cut with my new ztr 3 times and my lines are a little jittery. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. 08 Lazer Z AS

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Set your eyes to a point in the distance and continue strait for it. When you turn set you eyes on where you started and head strait back toward that mark. Practice will help. Exmarks hydraulics are so sensitive all it seems to take is a bump to throw you off. After saying all that I have a hard time on the rougher properties keeping it perfectly strait. A wider deck seems to make the job easier or at least look better.

To sum it up concentrate on a point in the distance instead of right in front of the ZTR.

3. jim163

jim163 LawnSite Member

Go faster.

4. KevinACrider

KevinACrider LawnSite Member

How do you make the stripes go 'right through a tree'?

5. F3Nelson

F3Nelson LawnSite Member

I still cant figure out how to stripe with a 36 stander, my smaller strpes are string straight

But cant do a longgggggggg stripe for shyt

Give me a WB and they are perfect

6. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

7. momow

momow LawnSite Member

Thanks to all,

Yeah my yard is real bumpy and hard to keep straight. But the pics actually look better than in person. Thinking when I get better will make a striper roller for the Z similar to scags (spring loaded rear mount) the first shot is from yesterday and second is from last week. By the way, big thumbs up to Tacoma, Mo

DSC01935.jpg

DSC01936.jpg

8. aaronm

aaronm LawnSite Member

You can always fix a ****** up line on the way back.. once you have one good line in. the rest are simple.. just follow your previous line.

9. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

10. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

I always circle the tree i guess i am strange