Making your own business cards?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BAMARED, Feb 10, 2003.

1. BAMARED

BAMARED LawnSite Member

Good afternoon guys,

I just did a "search" for business cards and am finding out that many are making their own cards - and they look great! Does this require some kind of special software or something? I've made business cards before using the pre-preferated paper and my WORD program, but I can't figure out how to insert all those neat looking images like trees silouettes, etc. How do you do this?

Thanks in advance,

BAMARED

2. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

I use Avery 8871 "Clean edge" no perforations business cards. They have a smooth non perforated edge and look very professional.

3. BAMARED

BAMARED LawnSite Member

Switchless,

I know that, but I'm talking about how do you guys put all those groovy images onto your cards?

Thanks,

BAMARED

4. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

For my Cards I use either "Printshop", or "Printartist". They are cheap programs and do a ton of stuff "very easily", which is the name of the game. You can use other higher powered programs, but these two are so simple with lots of graphics, and very cheap.

5. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

I don't mean to sound odd, but why not get them printed proffessionally?
    I had mine done in 2-color with my logo for $70.00 per 500. Re-orders are $48.00 per 500.
    Until you buy the art software and layout software and the blanks themselves, plus the ink that this uses, it's gotta be about the same price and the ink doesn't come off if they get damp.

6. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

We just had 500 made, full color picture. 30 dollars

7. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

I got mine printed professionally for $65/1000. I dont think business cards are the place for fancy pictures, but are the place for simple professionalism. I could never get my printer to produce anything that looked professional.

8. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

I found a place around here that prints 1000 black and white for $35.00. I doubt you could print them yourself for that much.

9. grshppr

grshppr LawnSite Senior Member

I agree. I used to make them on the computer, but the amount of time and ink you use is greater than the $75 it costs to get 500 printed up professionally.

10. precisionlawn

precisionlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a place that does them: 1000/$20 Black
    1000/$30 one color