Makita? Does anyone use?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grasssin, Nov 6, 2003.

1. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering why I never hear of anyone using makita's trimmers or blower. I thought they make pretty good stuff
  2. jaybird

jaybird LawnSite Senior Member

i have a electric hammer-drill it does fine 2 years old
  3. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Makitas are for carpenters... not landscapers. :cool:
  4. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

Makita are the BEST hand held power tools you can get. JMO

I wouldn't touch there gas powered stuff with a barg poll though.
  5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I didn't even know that Makita made trimmers and blowers. I know they have a little cordless chain saw.

I like their tools (have jig saw, cordless drill and angle grinder), but their tool cases are the worst. It's almost impossible to get the tools back in once you've taken them out, and you sure can't fit anything additional in them. I know guys that refuse to buy them because of it.
  6. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

DITTO:D dont tuch them
  7. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Last year I tried one of their 2 cycle trimmers......awful is the best way to describe it. As said above, they need to stick to what they do best...power tools, not landscape tools
  8. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Here is a quote from Mowerconsultant from this post.

"Makita blowers are the same as Dolmar brand, and they are made by Robin, this goes for there trimmers and edgers also."
  9. scottishmaximus

scottishmaximus LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

Those of you who have posted not to buy Makita outdoor equipment and that they should stick to carpenter tools, can you back it up. I believe it is against forum rules to say these things without personal experience.

I have used a Makita backpack blower. I believe it is a good product. Easier to start, vibrates less, and seems to run longer on a tank than my stihls. It is also comfortable to wear. It does have less power. It does fine for regular mowing, but may not suit the desires of some when it comes to leaf cleanups.
  10. Del9175

Del9175 LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't tried one yet. My buddy works in the tool rental at Home Depot, and they just started renting Makitas. Every couple of years they sell there equipment fairly cheap and he gives me a heads up. I have a strong feeling I may end up with some of this stuff. This stuff seldom rents out and is like new when I buy it. I usually get it for less then half of what they bought it for.