Makita or Partner/Husky

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by hamsey, Apr 24, 2007.

1. hamsey

hamsey LawnSite Member
    from CT

I am looking to pick up a cut-off saw and have narrowed it down to a Makita 7311 or a Partner/Husky K750. I see people talking about the Partner but no mention of the Makita. I read threads about not getting very accurate cuts with the Partner due to the frame being wobbly. Is this still a problem?

Anybody have any experience with these. I see that the Partner/Husky is a completely redesigned saw.

Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Norm

2. gammon landscaping

gammon landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

well one contractor that we do some work for has a makita and it seems to be a good saw, although they don't cut much stone with it mainly metal

3. hamsey

hamsey LawnSite Member
    from CT

I will be using it for stone work.

4. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

I have a partner K700.

I bought it off a friend a few years ago .........hands down the best saw I have ever used. Must have made 400 cuts the last 2 days with it. BAd cuts = bad operator.
    I have used a stihl but easily prefer the partner. Just my 2 cents.

5. forestfireguy

forestfireguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

We use Stihls, I think we have the ts400 models. Its a very powerful saw however the air filter placement could be better, and they get cranky when the filter clogs up with cement dust, which is often. I think Stihl makes a bigger version with a different air filter set up, probably much better.

6. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

I second the opinion on partner, they have a superior filtration and air flow system that other companies try and imitate. i have had my partner for over 4 years and have only changed the spark plugs and air filters and two belts.