makita string trimmers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mikeshere89, Jun 5, 2003.

1. mikeshere89

mikeshere89 LawnSite Member
    from iowa

i am considering a makita rbc245 string trimmer, anyone ever use makita outdoor power equip. it has a 24.5 cc motor on it so plenty of power for me, just curious if any of you guys use makita at all. besides your power tools.

2. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

I had one, a friend borrowed it, very light. Replaced makita head

w an Echo style. Easier to load. Ed

3. Creative Lawn Care

Creative Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I bought a makita rbc 245 a couple years ago. It was a great machine. Had good power and was very light. It served us well for almost 2 years until it was stolen off the trailer along with 2 stihl BR400's last year. It was locked down with 1/2 inch logging chain too, cut right through it. Anyway only complaint I had with it was the throttle. They are kinda flimsy, like redmax throttle if you know what I mean. We replaced the throttle 9 times I believe. Overall though a good trimmer. I may buy a couple more myself when I need to replace my FS85's

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

my very first "real weedwacker" was a makita, i won it as the doorprize at an open house at a landscape supply company. i liked it, it was light, but like the others said, the trigger was trouble, rigged that thing so many ways, so many times, till i finally canned it.

5. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I know a guy that has one, he let me try it. It's very light weight. Lighter than my T230 by far. 24.5cc too. This guy has a Shindaiwa T230 also, but the Makita is what he uses over the Shindy.

6. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

makita is also the same as dolmar and robin.