Malibu Landscape Lighting exiting business

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by TRabic, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Was going to reply to Kansas, but decided it wasn't worth the response. Boy wish I could just take shots at people with complete aninimity.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  2. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Oh, forget it! Not worth the effort
  3. Lite4

Hey James,

hows Biz for you lately?
  4. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Yeh but hey good times! I start into that retaliation mindset then just say ya know, this is the internet!! who cares! If you take stuff personal here you may have other issues!

Anyways hows biz with you Tim?
  5. Lite4

Biz has been picking up pretty good.* Could always be doing more installs but not too bad for only 2 months in the area.* How bout yourself?
  6. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Good to hear. Well were finally getting some interest again. I decided to really push the networking aspect and it is paying off. Landed a great job from a pool company.
  7. kansashoosier

kansashoosier LawnSite Member

Maybe if you could sell a little better you wouldn't have had to move across the country to get another job after your business failed, and then your current boss wouldn't have to keep offering to purchase you competitors because you can't out perform them either.
  8. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

that will probably get you deleted.

and for the record, I think I said way back when that the strainer thing was probably something a little out there for me too. I don't want clients expecting me to do that. The valence/led rope light thing was awesome, and i would replicate that.

Looking at all the photo's of firefly's demos, I really am stunned that the quality of the work did not yield more fruit.

and I think we need to let this thread be about the malibu lights for sale and leave it at that. as exciting as this banter is, ok guys?
  9. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

I wonder what HD is doing now that Malibu is no longer? Is HD doing their own lighting importing? I wonder if they will be the next solid brass importer??? LOL :cry: I can just see it now! :hammerhead:

Seriously though is HD doing something on their own? I have to imagne that has something to do with why Malibu is going under?
  10. Alan B

Alan B Sponsor

The HD's around Tampa switched to stocking a new line of Hampton Bay and which seems to be positioned (packaging and product) a slight notch up in quality for consumer landscape lighting.

Competition comes from all directions and can't be stopped. The only way to effectively counteract is focus on improving our own businesses opposed to focusing on others. (Joey that is not directed at you--just a general comment on how I think we should all try and forge thru this recession).

Back to the thread--Tom's here to announce the great deals on Malibu and selling them at what I gotta believe is below cost.